Sunday, January 10, 2021

Can you indulge me a little bit more?

 Thank you for the feedback as I really wanted to get your opinions. I too, thought that one of our regular, if I remember right, home meals of hamburger "hash" and ever since over the years I, too, have made "hash" for my family. Your mentioned a variation from the Findlay household and as I remember it, because I watched Mrs Findlay make and then ate her "mince", she actually boiled the meat and onions in water to cook it? 

So, if you both were to make this "hash" for supper tonight, exactly how would you make it? What process would you use, and what ingredients etc. And does this vary from what we ate at home as I think we all have changed our family recipes from time to time as needed.

I am familiar with "Bangers and Mash" as this was something Mike likes and I have made it on occasion. I also have an Irish Cookbook that I covet for no real apparent reason (haha!) which has absolutely great recipes which includes Champ (Potatoes and onions) and what you mentioned Pati - Colcannon (potatoes, kale or green leaf cabbage, and onions) and also the most delicious looking Meat Stew with dumplings. To me these are all comfort foods. 

So I must go and do the birds and rabbits so I can go to bed and read hopefully. Take care folks, and hope you are staying safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment