Friday, January 29, 2021

Lost days

Yeah, keeping track of what day it is, is getting more difficulty and I fear I may have missed a couple of  them, but how are we to know, when that happens, if we've really lost track of them?  And when I think about it, who cares?  I've noticed that just about anybody we have appointments with, usually calls the day before to remind us.  I wonder if they have always done that, for older people, or if it is happening more since Covid.

Wednesday, while working on my Morning Pages, I came to the realization that we have drifted in to habits and routines that reflect how inactive, and how we have drifted into sloth, since being confined to the house for days at a time. I was complaining about not getting into my studio for more than a few minutes every day and then not accomplishing anything when I do.  I also realized that I need to have more original work for my exhibition in May and I need to finish stuff pretty darn soon. So I spent some time documenting those habits I felt I needed to change, as well as creating a rough document of some detailed goals for achieving the goals I need to, in preparing for the exhibit. Then I worked out action plans for the goals.  This was done very roughly, and certainly I expect what I've written will evolve over the next while. Since doing this, I'm up and dressed before 9:00, the kitchen is clean by noon( but no dishes or other routine kitchen task done, other than food prep), and between 11:00 and noon, any other household task can be taken care of ( I have a list of those as well).  I can watch The View in the studio, while  routinely setting up the work area and getting ready for the day.  Then I can work until taking 30-45 minutes for lunch, before heading to the studio again, until 3:30.  Then I take a coffee break and wait for Gail's daily phone call about 4:00.  I'm doing everything I did before, but spending a heck of a lot more time actually working in the studio.  So far, (two days), I've finished 8 postcards, and painted two wall pieces, as well as just about finishing the FMQ'g on a piece that has been hanging around the sewing machine for a couple of weeks.  Here are the two painted pieces. The larger one with the blue didn't quite work as planned as the paint was too fluid and spread badly, but I figure I can cut it into pieces and produce a presentable hanging piece.  The smaller off-white and black piece I absolutely love, have designed a way of finishing it, and selected the other fabric to be used.  I'm thrilled with the way things have worked so far, am hoping to keep going on the same track, and have set up my schedule and my goals in my BuJo, so as to keep me honest.  I'm feeling better about myself than I have for a few weeks, so no matter how this ends, I've accomplished that.





No comments:

Post a Comment