Sunday, January 10, 2021

Food

 I don’t seem to have the memories of “bubble and squeak” that you have, but I remember fried mashed potatoes with onions, cheese and bread cubes. I think the bread was meant to extent the potatoes. I still love this, even without the bread. I also remember the “hash” but I always call it goulash. We would have it on Thursday night, and on Friday, when my friends came over to play cards, we would put the leftovers on pizza. I think back now on how accepting we all were to have peas on our pizza!  When I make goulash I brown the ground beef with onions.  I use lean, so there is little if any grease to take off. I add mushroom soup,  peas, mushrooms and whatever spices sound good and heat it all up. I love it on mashed potatoes, but Jim likes it with rice.

Our neighbour dropped by today with a bag of homemade mini apple fritters. I’ve already had four!  Lucky was outside on his chain and wasn’t nearly aggressive as he was when Rrain came in the house. Hopefully we can work on this and teach him to be calm. I spent the morning sorting through stuff again. I went on a spree when COVID first shut us down and now I am going again. Maybe that means it’s going to end!  Jim is watching football so I am upstairs with a cat on my lap and a book in my hand. Life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment