Thursday, May 20, 2021

Anyone want some tomatoes or peppers?

 So many plants, so little space. And with this recent hot spell, so much watering to do. Keeps me busy and off the streets. But i do have to say as well, that this years crop is the best looking in many years. So healthy and big and fruit already on the vine. Today I must pick some Kale that was planted a few weeks ago in a new rock garden in the back driveway. I think I mentioned that a lady on Main Street was wanting to remove her landscaped rocks and replace with grass so opened up the taking of rocks for who ever wanted. Of course, we made maybe 6 or 7 trips to retrieve these rocks and then built this new rock garden. But Kale can withstand a bit of frost/cold so harry planted our little plants there. It has flourished and the taste of the new leaves is wonderful. I shall make a salad today and enjoy every mouthful. In meantime i am trying to clean up other beds and still raking leaves from the Fall that got left behind. I keep an eye on my rhubarb and yesterday cut enough to make a small Kuchen, I know it was a bit early but I could not wait. Now i shall be patient and let it grow a bit bigger before i cut more for our famous Rhubarb/Pineapple Jam.

I watched the family across the street yesterday clean up their in ground swimming pool and then by the early afternoon could hear splash..splash...splash and hoots and laughter. They have two boys 12 and 10 years so I guess it was a priority. This is the same family who are cutting down all the huge trees circling their property. I notice though that the trees in one corner have been left... and you guessed it...the corner that provides a bit of privacy to their back yard and to the swimming pool.

It has been two weeks today since we had the roof done and today and tomorrow are the first days calling for rain and maybe a thunderstorm. I am anxious to have the roof "tested" for that leakproof guarantee haha!   And today i shall try to set up our air conditioner as it is too hot in the house and bothers Harry quite a bit. It is quite easy to do as i set it up originally last year, but just awkward to install into the window. other than that it worked great last year so hoping for same this year.

Take care folks as I hear things are still not good in Manitoba. The US seems to be opening up too quickly with big celebration in New York as everything opens without having to mask or stay apart and wasn't it New York that had such a terrible time in the first wave? Have a good long weekend - May 24th already.



No comments:

Post a Comment