Thursday, May 27, 2021

Watching the weather...

 It would seem that we are all watching the weather these days with plants hidden in the garages, or greenhouses, just waiting to be brought out and displayed for the summer. Will these low temps ever improve? In my case it has been already 4 months of worry about plants and apparently these worries are not over yet. I prepared best i could for last night and fortunately it looks promising but now at least two more nights to get through before we can take another breath. With what i see forecast it looks like my boxes of covers will be put to use tonight for sure, and possibly the heaters on in the greenhouses where i can hide some of the already potted and laid out tomatoes.  But, I have my eye on the rhubarb patch and I can see myself breaking down and making a batch of Rhubarb/Pineapple jam in next day or two. I have been hoarding the ingredients just waiting and I can taste the jam already haha!  What is your Rhubarb looking like there - going to harvest some soon?

The other day when it was mostly inside work because of poor outside working conditions, I managed to finish sewing a border together to attach to a quilt that i am repairing for Mike. The quilt is big so now I have to wonder (related to space that is) how I shall sew the new backing on (just a big sheet actually) and then actually attach the binding around the quilt but that will come I am sure. I bought new special thread from the outlet that you recommended Pati, and after pulling out my User Guide as a reference, taking time to clean my machine, and change the needle and check the tension, I forged ahead with sewing the binding. it worked well and I am happy with these results but, I am so aware of how I have regressed related to any level of skill or technique, and in fact any level of confidence in what I am doing....it has been too long since I was last able to sew. This is when it would be so nice if we were all closer...to help each other. We could all walk together to keep up endurance, which is necessary to ensure we do not fall behind such as you described Pati. Keep walking by the way as that is the only way to maintain your strength. We have all become a bit complacent in our stay at home routine as mentioned...I wonder how I will manage when and if we ever come out of our cocoons. Taking walks with my dogs and encountering people makes me very uneasy these days. and this upsets me. Oh well, most likely just me???

Anyway, time to stop this rambling and get on with the day. Take care all.. ☺❤



No comments:

Post a Comment