Friday, May 14, 2021

My yesterday

 Doesn't that title sound dramatic?!  A busy day.  At least it seemed that way.  I was out early, on my own, to the credit union to get some cash, as Geesje was planning to come over later in the day with the quilt she has been quilting for me on her longarm machine. When she arrived, I couldn't believe how much the quilting had improved the look of the piece.  The darn thing has been hanging around my studio for almost two years.  I wasn't looking forward to quilting it myself, as it's a little large for my machine, but my frustration in wanting it done persuaded me to find the money to pay someone.  I am well pleased, and plan to bind it today.  This will make 5 quilts for donation, since we started the latest purge in the studio.  Later in the day, I found the information on how to contact someone in the local quilt guild, so that they could be delivered.  There will be more, but not for awhile.

During the Fibre Art Divas virtual meeting Wednesday night, we discussed my latest piece ( see other blog), and I was able to finish that yesterday, as well.  So overall, it was a productive day.  I'm quite committed to cleaning out the junk in the studio.  Everyday I find treasures that I had forgotten about. While I hate sending stuff to the thrift store, no-one in the family wants it.  Some things will not go there, such as my beads. I'm in the process of culling those, but then I have some people interested in buying beads from me. The problem is that I don't really want to part with any of them.

The neighbours across the back are renovating their backyard "shrine".  It may not be anything of the sort, but it is a construction containing a fountain and a large statue.  David says that the impetus comes from her, and I believe it.  The fellow comes home from work and spends the rest of the day working in the garden.  She supervises, but does put in a bit of work as well.  David says she is waiting for bilateral knee preplacement surgery, so perhaps there's a reason she doesn't kneel down like he does.

Now, on with the day.  I'll take a picture of the donation quilt once it's bound, and post it on the other blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment