Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Another day come and goes

 I started by taking Lucky for a walk at 8am, before the heat hit. Got home about 8:45 and cleaned the bathroom. I washed some of the floors. Jim always takes his tea downstairs in the morning, and he always spills some. It also splashes up on the wall!  I headed to town for a totally unsuccessful mission. The stores were sold out of all the items I wanted. 

I had to sign a check for Whitemud  Comedy.  It has been so long since we were able to do anything, I have no idea who is the executive. I just know that I am still authorized to sign. Not a good thing for an organization. 

We went back to town and I spent way too much money on flowers. If I have to be stuck at home all summer at least it will be pretty. I also bought some Roma tomatoes and had to transplant them. They were way too leggy and needed more room. I can’t put them in the garden yet, cause there is snow in the forecast!! And Manitoba tomatoes that really needed to be in the greenhouse for another week or so, but they let me take them and nurture them.

 Supper was easy!  Did you know that stores sell ready made potato salad, macaroni salad and green salad!?  I will get ambitious when it cools down (like friday when it snows!)

The wind is really blowing right now.  It may cool things down a bit, but it makes it unpleasant to be outside.  We were going to water the garden this evening, but it would be a wasted effort with this wind.  There is a large fire south of us right now (15000 hectares already burned.  The smoke has been blowing in all day.  At least it is south of us and not here. There is rain in the forecast again.  Keep your fingers crossed.  Maybe this time it will really happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment