Sunday, May 23, 2021

Life continues...

 Hello to all,

I just viewed the Mouse Factory Blog and I must say Pati that you have been very busy in the studio and for that I am happy for you. It is also nice for me to see some of your work that you have mentioned. I love seeing all the pictures.

Not nice weather here with lower temps and very windy but I managed to uncover the lawnmower from its winter rest, and clean it up and cut the grass. Fortunately for me it gave me no trouble and started without  too many pulls on the cord which is always a good sign. I had no choice - the neighbours have all cut their lawns and mine was looking terrible with spent dandelions blowing all about. I had to divert the mower a few times around a batch of milkweed that grows each year at the corner by the road. Someone told me the other day in passing that the Monarchs were all killed off in their migration North by the wild fires in the States but i have not heard that nor verified that statement. I hope it is not true, because I love to see them arrive and we always have milkweed growing protected in our yard.

I have been eating Kale salads every day for the last few days and expect to have to continue as we have so many growing now and getting bigger and bigger. They are tender and tasty having had a bit of frost earlier. Tomorrow I shall be having liver again as Harry went to the store today to buy some needed items and brought home two packages of liver for me knowing that I like it and also to share a bit with the dogs which is good for them.

Almost time to get the house organized for bed - always a big deal with cleaning bird cages, and feeding them, and the rabbits and rounding up cats etc. I did wash both Sat and today since I had neglected the wash for too long having been outside all day for the past two weeks doing gardening etc. but 'tis done and ready to be dirtied again haha! Yesterday I washed the kitchen floor and as you know I use a bucket and get down on my knees but when i went to empty it in the sink it slipped from my hands and spilled all over the counter so needless to say (after a few choice words) I had to take everything off the counter and clean up really good. Maybe it was a good thing as now my counters are all clean and organized haha! But then to add insult to injury, I poured a goblet of wine and went into my room to fix the shade on the window and accidentally spilled the goblet all over the dresser. So.... I had to take everything off and clean that up as well. I think I had had enough by then...too much work and too tired to manage????

Take care you folks in Manitoba as the news is bleak. Stay home and see no one outside those that live with you!!! 😅 

No comments:

Post a Comment