Saturday, May 8, 2021

The humorous side of lockdown

 Today Jim’s son, Tim, phoned. He was trying to get a hanging basket delivered to his mother for Mother’s Day, but everyone he called was overbooked. So tomorrow Jim and I will be picking up flowers and taking them to his ex wife😊. In case you are wondering Tim always acknowledges me on Mother’s Day so he wanted to send me flowers too. I just find it amusing. Good thing Judy and I get along! Jim called Twilight Colony and they have hanging baskets and we can go out there at 3pm or so and get a couple. Since I have decided to get myself things that make me happy I just might get more than one!  Today I got my ‘emergency’ haircut. When the lockdown was announced Angie posted on Facebook that she would be open on Saturday and I managed to get an appointment. So even though no one will see me, I feel pretty😊. I somehow hurt my leg yesterday and couldn’t walk Lucky today. I feel so guilty cause he keeps looking at me at getting excited when he sees me ☹️  I will try for a short walk tomorrow. Rrain really likes her new job and says she is still excited by it. I am happy for her. She also told me that a show on NACTV that was labeled as World Elder Abuse Awareness was actually a play that Lynne and I did in 2014, called “Lost”. So if you are bored at 10:00am (or pm), Manitoba time, on Monday, you can see me in action at nactv.tv/live. Though from what I remember we made a few mistakes! But then it was a comedy play about memory loss as we get older so what do you expect!  I am sorry about your show, Pati, but you did get recognition from what I hear. So today I missed my daily walk, but my leg is slowly feeling better. There is always tomorrow. And now I rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment