Saturday, May 8, 2021

 This was a very busy day, and now I'm feeling it.  I just had to sit down, and what better way to amuse myself doing that than to blog.

This morning I was up early and off the the grocery store.  I didn't even stop for breakfast.  Last night we saw video of the crowds at Costco, stocking up for three weeks of lockdown.  Well, there was no problem.  In I went, got the job done. and then out again.  Once home, there was the laundry to finish--another three loads to day--and then another for tomorrow.  I have had many of my sweat jackets and sweaters together in the hall cupboard, and used them as necessary all winter.  The same with a couple of heavy pullover sweaters.  I'm wanting to wash them all before putting them away.  I'm using my drying rack for something else, so only wanted to wash, today, things that could go in the dryer.  The others will have to wait until tomorrow, when the drying rack is free.

The drying rack is being used to hold fabric that I had used to make prints.  I use fabric paint, on a flat surface, to make a design.  I lay fabric gently on top and rub it to transfer the paint.  Then I have to hang it to dry, using clothes pins to hold it to the wire on the drying rack. I wasn't making very complicated prints, as I want to cut them up and mix them up in an abstract design, which I will embellish further.

The lockdown that starts at midnight tonight, has closed the Gallery in Selkirk.  It was decided that we would take down our show, as it was intended to come down on the 22nd, in any case.  So this afternoon we drove out to Selkirk and picked up my pieces.

So I have been going pretty well steadily since 8:00 this morning, and I'm bushed.  David dropped me off, and took the car to the car wash.  This is a good chance to take a nap.  Stay safe , ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment