Sunday, May 30, 2021

What can go wrong, will go wrong

 And that pretty well describes our day around here, yesterday. It culminated with me getting an e-mail telling me that the appointments we made for our second shot of vaccine were being cancelled because I had given incorrect information when making them.  I called back and when I finally got through, found out that the whole thing had been a system blip, and we were fine, and our appointments will stand. (I got another e-mail over night confirming this) By the time I got of the phone, I was in tears, and this was in front of David for, I think, the first time since we've been married. So-o, for the first time I can remember, we celebrated "Happy Hour", before supper rather than later in the evening.  Then, David discovered that the supper he had taken out of the freezer, was so old that it should have been thrown out a year ago.  All I had was 3 oz. of cooked chicken, nothing to go with it and not enough to share. But we sure enjoyed the Teen Burgers, chips and onion rings he went and got from A&W.  Found out that Zinfandel doesn't go that well with hamburgers and chips. We watched one but not all of my Saturday night tv shows, on PBS from Detroit.  And, I did NO had stitching while watching it, but DID, enjoy a little more wine.    Then, we gambled a bit on the playnow.com site.  This turned out to be worthwhile as David's luck increased our "playing stack" enough to keep us going for another week or four, without adding any more $$$.  The site keeps us on a tight budget, and doesn't allow us to add more than the limit set, even if we cry and moan a lot, so winning a bit will let us keep playing.

Right now I have no plans for today, other than to eat that cold chicken, at some point.  I may start another small donation quilt.  The one I have in mind will take a lot of preparation work, and that just might be something I'm in the mood for right now. (donkey work!) I have a second one in mind, but am quite willing to let that one percolate for awhile, as preparation will likely involve cutting up good fabric to augment the remaining scraps I have in the laundry basket, where they're stored--right in the middle of the floor, between my ironing board and my sewing machine.  I finished a third one yesterday, but not without a bit of anguish. (see other blog)

My main plan is to take one day at a time, while not stressing myself physically, but keeping my mind active.  My walking ability and activity tolerance is not improving, so I really have no other choice.  And-if that's the case, I want to enjoy whatever part of life available to me-even if, at times, that is limited to watching Time Team videos on Utube.  (David now has the site bookmarked on his machine.)  

So enjoy whatever life sends you.  For both of you that includes dogs, right now. But I urge you both to try to enjoy a meal at A&W, one day, or alternatively, enjoy some wine--but use your Duchess mug to drink it.  Stay safe, ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment