Thursday, May 27, 2021

Day to day life

How do you break down your day?  Today wasn't normal, but here goes.  I woke up at 4:06 am. That was not what I wanted but I stayed in bed until almost 7am.  Except for a few minutes at 6|:15 when Lucky was whining to go out.  Normally I would ignore him but since I was awake I got up.  Sir Poops-a-lot lived up to his name.  He peed and pooped and wanted back in.  Me, in my semi -awake status let him in and went back to bed.  That lasted about 15 minutes and I gave up. 

 Today was the power cooking day, so while  Jim slept I cooked up 4 chicken breasts and 3 pounds of hamburger (I am almost out!  Prices are insane!)  So, today I made 3 meals of chili, 3 chicken broccoli casseroles ( I added some cubed ham for variety), 3 baked macaroni hamburger casseroles and some Chicken Cacciatori  (not sure how much since it is cooling right now before I freeze it) I use it as spagetti sauce.  Jim is making lazy cabbage rolls tomorrow (they are not my favourite so I let him make them) Tonight  I have a chicken casserole in the oven.  It would have been a chicken pot pie but I ran out of pie crust.  I cannot make a pie crust to save my life, so I buy the frozen ones.  This casserole is the last of the freezer meals I have, except for one quiche.  If I make supper tomorrow it will be soup and sandwich!! 

 Poor Lucky.  He is used to going for a walk at about 8am and then coming home for breakfast.  It was 9:45 before we went out this morning.  But he ate his breakfast as soon as we got back.  John came over with his dog this afternoon. (yes, I know it is illegal but he lives alone and is lonely!)  Lucky and Heddy played for quite a while so Lucky won't need a walk later.  Lucky took off and headed down the road and miracle of miracles, as Jim got the car out to chase him, I called and he came back!  First time for everything! Tonight is our last night for a danger of frost in the next two weeks so tomorrow morning I am planting all our bedding plants, except the Manitobas.  They need a bit more growing.. It is going to be such a relief not to bring them in every night and take them out in the morning.  I really sympathize with Beth! 

So now, from shear exhaustion, I will eat supper and probably be asleep before eight.  How sad, when we wait all year for those long, summer evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment