Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Here it is Wednesday

 And all's been quiet since Saturday.  I wonder if we're all suffering from lockdown fatigue, and becoming more comfortable in our isolation.  I am starting to believe that I am.

Last Saturday was World Collage Day.  I had totally missed that.  Sunday I signed in for my Facebook sketching group for what they call a "draw in person", or DIP Session.  In happier times some of them would arrange to meet at some public place on some Sunday afternoon (often on along weekend) just to sketch, but now meet on Zoom for a couple of hours.  It is very much a come-and-go event and quite companionable. I had planned to make a collage, as, it turned out, everybody else had.  I felt like fool when I asked what might have happened to create such a coincidence. Still, I was pleased to do more work into some of the sketchbook pages I had started, while taking the first internet workshop.  The one I finished last spring, and haven't touched the sketch books since. It was very gratifying to actually be using these original sketchbooks, as they had been intended to be used, although perhaps more on a daily basis than yearly.

Monday morning, there was an early  grocery shopping trip, to stock up for the week, but I have a hunch there will be another one tomorrow, as the list is getting long.  I think early morning is the time to go.  I can no longer stand in line for any period of time. 

As well, I spent one morning  over the weekend, making prints on fabric, using the fabric paint that I've had for years.  And I didn't hold back when using them.  Then, on Monday, I started to cut them up and stitched them back together into what I hope will be a wall hanging.  I finished stitching it together, but wasn't sure about the design, so left it on the design wall until Tuesday morning.  Sure enough, Tuesday morning I took one look and decided to take it apart, and start over.  Not completely apart, but enough apart to be a PINTA.  David helped with the ripping, as he often does.  It's partially back together, and I hope to get the job finished today.

Tonight is the Zoom meeting of my fibre art support group, The Fibre Art Divas.  I have posted pictures of the prints on  their blog site, but not the finished piece.

There are no more plans for the week.  Maybe to Starbucks for coffee today, so I can sit outside and drink it, as the weather is supposed to be nice.  I had a nice telephone conversation with Loren on Sunday, and a short e-mail from Amber.  

Breakfast is done.  Now, I guess it's time to get dressed before watching The View.

No comments:

Post a Comment