Sunday, May 16, 2021

Nothing-that's what I did yesterday

 Friday was so busy that I had difficulty sleeping that night, and gave up the fight to get up just after 6:00. Then I read the paper, until David got up, made a simple breakfast, and sat in front of the computer until min-afternoon, with only two breaks to change the wash.

I have discovered a production, out of England, that was probably meant for tv, but is now on UTube.  It's called Timeline, and shows short term, archeological digs throughout Great Britain, each one only three days long, from start to finish.  This is not so say that someone might not take over for a more long term session, but not these guys.  I have become fascinated with this, and being on UTube, I can binge watch it.  Each show is well under an hour.  Yesterday, David even sat down to watch with me for awhile.  Then, after a very simple supper, I had my special Saturday night tv shows, on Detroit PBS.  More sitting and not moving.

Again, breakfast is over, so time to move on, even if that only means ready the Free Press, on line.

I hope to do better today.  I still haven't finished binding the quilt I got back from Geesje.  I had it half way done, and my back and shoulders were so sore from pushing it through the machine, that I just left it sitting there.  It can be taken up again, at any time.  After the stitching, I'll have to use my lint roller on it.  I also have a black T-shirt to lint roller.  I bought a fluffy off-white sweat jacket to wear during the cooler days we had recently, that sheds terribly.  The jacket only cost $24 at Walmart, so a problem like this isn't really unexpected, but it means using up the lint roller quite quickly.  I've also started stitching together the large pieced hexis of my EPP quilt.  I may not have enough, but I won't know how many large hexis and what colours, until I get a better idea of how well it will cover my bed.  Geesje has agreed to machine quilt it for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment