Thursday, May 13, 2021

Thanks Pati for the prompt..

 It seems like maybe we are becoming a little introverted? As well, not much to talk about these days except the poor weather up to this point, and the damn greenhouses haha ! I always think that you folks are tired of hearing about my woes with the greenhouses but then, it is my life right now isn't it!

I took the car into the dealer for service early yesterday - was for tire changeover and oil change.  I took a book and settled into the waiting room they set up in the drive through service garage ( the inside waiting room was closed). Chairs spaced apart and table with sign in book and hand sanitizer etc. I was looking forward to some time alone. After a bit the Manager came in to say that on inspection the back brakes both needed to be done ($$$$) Of course i gave approval, and since they had to order parts that were not coming until after lunch, they gave me a loner car to use. It was a Lucerne - nice looking car but what a shock to get into it and sink to the bottom and feel as if my bum was dragging on the road. i could not adjust the seat so struggled home - thank goodness we live close. I am so used to the height of the Equinox after having that make of car for so many years. So as it turned out I had lots of time to work in the yard since the day was turning into the best day for some time. And i love to get some of the "maintenance work" done. It is one thing to plant in the greenhouse and manage them, but there is also the rest of the garden and yard that needs maintenance and that is most often my territory. So it was putter putter putter for me and I loved it. Made good headway with cleanup and primping. I had a sit down over by the fire pit and dreamed of having some nice fires soon. It often is just a dream but what the heck! And i set up some chairs at the back and again had a nice sit down with the dogs. By 3 pm I had picked up the newly repaired Equinox and was back home. i did not budget for such repairs so I "stung" a little bit pulling out the "plastic" at the dealership haha! C'est la vie.

So today i am hoping to get out there in the yard again and keep plugging along. It feels good for the soul but a bit tough on the poor old hands and body. It is my hands that bother me the most after i have been working outside. And i find it hard to get back up once I have gotten down haha! Make sense? Just picture it in your mind.

Hope all is well there - so much on the news about the Covid restrictions and vaccination it becomes a bit of "overload". Take care folks❤❤ 

No comments:

Post a Comment