Friday, May 7, 2021

Housing issues

 So glad to hear that your roof is done.  It has been a nightmare for you for years.  Sometimes the mental relief is just worth the cost, even if you have to "bite the bullet" and take the blow. David and I justify it to ourselves by calling it "an investment", but that may not be the case in more rural areas. And I think we all need to enjoy a private bubble bath and goblet of wine, to congratulate ourselves for facing our demons and winning, more often.

Yesterday was my best day in a long time, certainly in a couple of months.  I had energy, my brain appeared to be functioning, and this lasted into the evening.  Now, I pray that this continues for awhile.  Of course, it may just be that my mood is in an up-cycle, as often used to happen when I was younger.  And that's okay.  Much better than the alternative.  I spent the day volunteering out in Selkirk.  We had few visitors, but some lively conversation regardless.  David drove me both ways, and had a long list of errands to run between trips.  He says he only had about half an hour of down time all day, and promptly fell  asleep in his chair as soon as we got home.  The best part of his running around was that he bought us a new laundry basket.  One of our ancient ones broke awhile ago, and missing it has been an annoyance for the best part of two months.  Thank you David.  Sometimes the smaller things can mean a lot.

Today is laundry day, which means that I get to spend a good part of the day in the basement.  I've been waiting for some art supplies that I ordered on April 26.  The shop is just across town and promised 2-4 day delivery.  No sign of them yet.  More postcards are on hold pending this delivery, and the Gift Shop out in Selkirk has a complete change-over of stock next weekend, so I sure hope the stuff comes soon.  But I have other things to work on, so should be able to keep myself amused while tending the laundry.  We throw our facemasks in the laundry every Friday.  Those masks that Keri made are holding up beautifully.  Isn't it good to have family?

No comments:

Post a Comment