Sunday, June 6, 2021

A beautiful evening

 I can sit outside, but with this drought fire bans have been in effect for weeks. I really miss sitting outside by the fire and just relaxing. But I know what fire can do so I obey the bans☹️.  The neighbour came over today with the dregs from her greenhouse. She never wants to plant again (at least this year😜) So I now have tomatoes in my garden 3 feet tall and no branches... just stem. And at least 5 unknown peppers ( might be jalapeños, might be bell, might be banana...). If they die at least we have them a chance to live. All the seeds came from our garden last year. They just tilled up a plot last summer, but they are the neighbours that took such care of us while Jim was sick, so they have always had free run on our garden (even before he was sick). We are still desperate for rain here, but grateful we didn’t get what southeastern Manitoba got. We did have rain at 3:30 am yesterday, but everything was dry at 7:00 and there was nothing on the rain gauge so I guess I just woke up at the right moment☹️  So tonight it is 10:30 and I am sitting outside around an unlit fire pit (sigh). There is once again rain in the forecast so keep hoping. The long range is for drought in our area this year so a bit of rain seems insignificant but it gives us hope. Lucky was happier today (27c instead of 39c). But he still spent a lot of time on the basement floor. Sometimes I wish I could be a dog and find contentment on the floor..... instead I have books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment