Friday, June 18, 2021

It finally happened

 After years of avoiding the privilege, my doctor has suggested that I take medication for depression, as was suggested in the report from the neurologist I saw last month.  So, I'm taking the darn things, but it's too early to see if much is affected.  But I'm thinking that the nausea I experience after taking them might be a side effect.

This week I received five of the six Rockton series books by Kelley Armstrong, and am now reading book four.  I'm so glad that I did this.  Little comments and hints in the first two books laid the groundwork for the whole series. Each book builds on the previous ones, in ways that don't become obvious until later in the series, but the hints often come from what might appear to be a throw away remark, quickly passed over, as there is no immediate follow up.   By putting these small things together, I'm feeling much more satisfied about where the series is going, even if everything points to an end. And that end requires, at least, a book 7.  Still, I wonder if my having read so many of her books series, that my mind has been trained to look for these small hints.

Working in the studio yesterday, and having congratulated myself for almost finishing this first quilt on my new machine, I ran into a problem, not caused by the machine, but maybe caused by my complacency in assuming that I was doing everything well.  Not so!  I found a place where my stitching didn't cover what I had thought it did, and there was a loose area.  Then I discovered that there were a lot of loose edges in the small piece I was working on.  Those have been fixed, but while in bed with my mind racing, last night, I suddenly thought of the other five finished areas.  Maybe I need to check those as well.  Whoops!  Know what I'm doing today--and it was so close to being finished!

We had an adventure yesterday. Two friends and I had ordered some supplies from the States, and it had arrived.  One lady paid for everything and then we all reimbursed her, for our share of the bill as well as a share of the shipping fees.  This is far less than if we had each ordered separately, but still, the cost of my share was a jolt!  The shipping costs are crazy!!  Still I received lots of the special fabric paint that I have learned to love over the years.  Beth, you may remember our time in Ottawa when the class I took was trying to paint sunsets with no yellow paint, because the order was still tied up in customs.  I've bought no paint since then (2006), so it wasn't that I didn't need the paint.  Still, David has announced that I sure better use the damn stuff.  So I see lots of fabric painting in my future, and I thank the workshops I took over the past 16 months, for a new way of doing it.

But that wasn't the adventure.  We had to drive out into the wilds of Charleswood to pick up my paint.  Had I told you that my new Sherlock's book shows all of the land that Uncle Jake used to farm, with tentative streets laid out on it?  Sad.  After driving all the way around the North Perimeter, and at Roblin Blvd, we went into a new development.  So many big houses!  No land around them, and crooked curving streets.  Maybe I'm better off where I am.

Have a great day Ladies.  It's time for me to start looking at mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment