Friday, June 4, 2021

Slow down

It's very hot  here, and I'm not sleeping well.  This leaves me with very little energy, and very little ambition.  But today is laundry day, so the morning was spent downstairs (at least it's cool down there)  I had the tv on, and was slowly working on my latest charity quilt.  This one is much more complicated, and I'm adopting a philosophy of working slowly and deliberately, with frequent breaks.  Anything else and I just get foggy brained and exhausted--again.

At least that was the plan.  Then the washing machine stopped--dead-- with a full load of clothes, and a full tub of water.  We have just committed to paying for patio repairs, and have discussed the apparent aging problems with my sewing machine (It's been in for serving three times in the past 6 months)  The old machine that I keep on hand as a temporary replacement has not worked in quite awhile. But--ta da--we discovered that we had bought a 5 year warrantee with the washing machine, while looking up the information on repair services, and they will be sending out a technician--sometime. Some times things just work out, even if we now face a bit of a wait.

This doesn't help right now, but with my new philosophy, I will take a deep breath, maybe watch another episode of Time Team, maybe go out for coffee, and then tackle getting the clothes out and wringing them (Oh Joy!), before putting them through the dryer and back into a laundry basket--to wait.

Now, my usual response to stress is eating.  But while all of this was going on, I ate my lunch--hummus and baby carrots. And I got a package of fish out of the freezer for supper.  I'm proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment