Sunday, June 27, 2021

Buckets and buckets of rain all night

 No need to complain as we needed rain badly but it came rather steady and heavy all night and now the yard looks like a lake. But as far as I can determine, the roof held true and I see no leaking (fingers crossed)

So glad you are back in the saddle Pati and ready to get on with it now that you both have had your second vaccines. Cathy and Jim have had both as well, and come Monday and Tuesday, Harry and I will have had ours. So all is good.

I really need to make a Dentist appointment as it has been too long waiting out this Covid and all...I shall wait for my post vaccine 14 days and then call them up. And my Hair appointment is July 3 so it feels as if we are starting to recover somewhat but I heed your advise totally Pati that we shall take our time and stay safe well after we have the vaccinations and not take any chances. 

We have been going through closet and trying on pants and shirts and turfing what no longer fits. And I have been shortening new larger size pants that Harry bought at the Resource Store last week to replace some of the ones we knew needed to be retired. Of interest is that his suit no longer fits - it was always considered a necessity for the man to have a suit available for the times when a suit was appropriate. Now I wonder if it is necessary anymore? What are your thoughts?  I found some more formal dresses and outfits that I have had for special occasions and look at them now and think I should turf them as well - when will I ever wear them now that i am retired and generally stay at home? Maybe it is time to get rid of such things. I feel good to be able to do this as it feels as if I am making some progress but perhaps in reality, I am fooling myself.

Anyway, another day is here and so I shall get on with it. First a coffee and bagel I think ..yum! Take care  💝😁

No comments:

Post a Comment