Saturday, June 26, 2021

Slowly coming to the surface

 Yesterday was a much better day.  I was awake early, and was able to do a little studio work, while watching The View.  Then I spent even more time working downstairs, after lunch, until I realized that I had been at it too long and needed to veg out for awhile.  So spent some time before supper reading outside.  A gorgeous day with enough wind to moderate the heat. Then the wind got a little stronger and supper called me.  Just before I came in we got a telephone call offering to have the repairperson out for the washing machine next Tuesday instead of July 7th.  Duh--YES!  David and I went through our wardrobes and decided that we could make it, so I emailed Gail and let her know, thanking her for stepping in to help us.  But, Heaven help us if the machine isn't working by supper time Tuesday--we'll both be running around naked.

Yesterday's little victory?  No nap.  Which also meant that I slept well again last night (about 11 hours).  And the desire to create was/is back.  Halleluiah!

I have now stitched together all of the major pieces in my EPP quilt.  Yesterday, while watching the 6:00 news, I calculated what is needed to fill in the edges, sorted out those small pieces I need, and actually started stitching on the first edge piece.  This is a huge milestone for me, as I've been working on that for a couple of years.  When I asked Geesje if she would machine quilt it for me, I had told her that it might be a year or two before it was finished, but that's really starting to look like a serious over estimation.

So, on with the day.  I hope to repeat the type of day I've enjoyed over the past month.   Some studio time, some reading time in the garden, a minimum of housework, and it being Saturday, my tv shows are on tonight.  They've been missing during the recent PBS pledge break.

But, whatever our governments are telling us, use your own minds to stay safe.  We're sure planning a few more weeks of staying mostly at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment