Thursday, June 17, 2021

Contemplations on time

 Today I went to a meeting of the museum board. I said I would “try it out” before the world shut down and we finally had another meeting today. We had a 1/2 board meeting outside and the other 1/2 will meet later today. The new president has an agenda and nothing is going to keep her from it.  My concerns are weird, but I think valid.  They seem to concentrate on 70 years ago as being the end of the museum’s concern, but what about the last 70 years!?  We made it to The moon!  Is that not history?  There are no plans to think about the next 100 years.  I know that takes planning but they don’t seem to think of their lives as the history of the future!  Enough bitching, but I am really thinking whether I want to be on such a near sighted board!  Am I wrong?  What do you think?  I do recognize the importance of the museum.  No question.   Speaking of (future) history, I had my second shot.  14 days and I will be considered fully vaccinated.  This will go down in history, just like the a Spanish flu. We are invited to Killarney on Sunday. It is supposed to Be cool and rainy, (so so much for trying out their new small, above ground, pool) but even if we violate the law and visit inside we are going  (I have their permission to enter the premises….as if they could keep me from the bathroom😜)  once again it is really windy outside.  Either a fire ban or wind.  How can I get a fire!!! I will be in bed early tonight.  I woke up last night and could not get back to sleep . tonight better be different.  Love you guys♥️  Stay safe  



No comments:

Post a Comment