Tuesday, June 8, 2021

We've got worms

 Canker worms that is, so sitting, outside, is a challenge for us.  But I've been managing to get the umbrella up and hide under it.  That doesn't work very well as the little buggers seem able to find us, anyway.  Though, I have to wonder, if maybe we could start a new dance craze, with the frantic movements we all employ to "get that worm off me!".

I tend to just sit and read, outside, but David has been working in the garden, and the results are worth it.  It is looking very nice this year.  Not to the standard you set, Beth, but within the physical capacities of two old fogies' in the city.  ( I spell checked fogies', and this is what I got.)  I don't know if I ever mentioned it, but I have a pair of dark glasses that are designed to fit over reading glasses.  They are far more brown than black, and this gives a rosy glow to what ever I see, with them on.  I love the effect, as it makes the garden area look so rich and lush.

Last week I struggled, both  intellectually and emotionally, with my declining physical abilities and health. Over the weekend, I came to terms with things, after much thought and even a bit of mourning.  Then I wrote a set of, what I'm going to call affirmations, although they may be more a set of loose objectives, without either an action plan, or time frame.  Just the act of writing them down, provided a sense of both satisfaction and of relaxation, that had been missing in my life for months. I feel good about this.  I've slept more soundly since, and actually feel more energy--probably because I'm not wasting the energy worrying about the future.

David has several errands to run this afternoon.  We had planned that he would go alone, as we have been waiting for a technician to contact us about the washing machine.  But we got in touch with him yesterday, and now have an appointment for a diagnostic visit tomorrow afternoon, with the actual repair visit to be arranged, pending results of the first visit. While there is no need for me to go, maybe I will.  I know that I will need to visit the quilt store on the west side of town, at some point, and this just might fit into that journey. One of the stops on this trip is the library, where I have 7 books waiting for pick-up.  I have three sitting here waiting to be read, and I know those will be slow reads. Not sure what I've got myself in for, but it gives me the pleasure of anticipation.

So, we have nice weather. It has recently rained,--heavily.  The house is not falling down, and doesn't look the worse for wear, given recent reduced input as far as housework is concerned.  Gail has offered her washing machine, and we just may take her up on it, even if it does mean a trip out of town.  She actually has two available, as there is one in her tenant suite, which is currently empty. So, right now, things are looking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment