Sunday, June 20, 2021

Sunday Morning--sitting and waiting

 Yeah, today we get our second vaccination.  Our appointment is at 12:20, just the perfect time to mess with anything we might want to be doing today,  Considering what happened last time, I have scheduled nothing for the next week.  I know that the doctor said that my getting sick right after the vaccination was just a coincidence, and I hope to be pleasantly surprised with a week of free time.  But I want to be prepared for the worst.

I've been taking the damn pills since Wednesday.  Gail has told me that I'm in  a much better mood during our daily phone calls.  I'm finding myself chatting to David much more than usual.  I'm not sure how he feels about that.  I've also found that I can focus on a task much better and for a longer period.  This isn't always a good thing, as it means that I work full out in the studio, and then need to lay down to rest for awhile.  So I'm going to have to build scheduled breaks into my studio time.  My worry is, that if so much has improved after just a few days, will things plateau out after awhile, or do I have to be aware that I might go too far into "happy land".  

Our washing machine still sits there not working.  We've been told that the repairs have been approved, and are waiting for a call from the repairman telling us that the parts are in and setting up an appointment. Meanwhile, the clothes hampers are over flowing.  I'm going to have to wash undies later today, by hand, and David has run out of summer T-shirts, leaving him with nothing but long sleeves.

We are loving the new patio, and sit out there as often as we can.  Unfortunately, we are in the middle of aphid season, which means that we have to wash down the furniture before sitting down, and protect any food we might want to take out.  No my idea of Heaven.  But I know that has to be a "first world" problem, so shouldn't complain.

There are now 5 finished charity quilts sitting in a pile downstairs.  I was given labels for six, so am planning number six, which I want to use to learn how to free motion quilt, with my new machine.  I tried one attachment yesterday that is designed to replace three feet that I frequently used with the old machine.  A bit of a disaster and I can't see myself using this at all.  More frustrating was the complete lack of information in the manual about how and when to use it.  But I did get some free motion feathers done, and realized that they were not what I was hoping to produce.  This sent me to UTube videos to try and figure out what it was I was attempting.  I haven't done this sort of work in a few years, but I was still surprised at how much my works has deteriorated.  So that is what I plan to work on this week, if my reaction to the vaccine is okay.

This all means that my life is more or less on track right now, and that statement alone says something about my mood right now.   I'll let you know how things go.  Stay safe, ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment