Sunday, January 16, 2011

Be - bright and sunny day

but a good day to stay inside because the wind chill is something else - can't even take the dog for a decent walk. So I shall brighten my day even more by writing a few words to you both. Patty when I broke my arm it was really the elbow bones that I shattered - I was casted for a few weeks and then had to undergo intensive Physio. You are right about how quickly the muscles give out with immobility within a few days. It depends on your fracture -location, type - is it splintered, or clean fracture etc. Bones heal quickly and well if there is good anastimosis to start with and this is what the Surgeon would be checking on the xray. Best to ask this of your Surgeon. You could still teach if you had samples and instructions to share, couldn't you? It would be a shame to put this on hold when you most likely could function very well in spite of some slight limitations. But I would wonder about new comittments to shows etc. without getting a feeling for how you can work now. In this initial stage you still need a lot of help with activities of daily living. I have been putering away in the basement and found a box from you Patty that I got on one of my trips with a half completed quilt from a McCalls magazine "Grandmas Quilt" with hand appliqued blocks and flying geese border all done - I felt like I had found a box of gold. I had forgotten about receiving it from you and I may never be able to complete it totally but it boosted by spirits so much. I have your expert applique to see first hand as an example for me. And speaking of inspirations, I also found this quote about "lists" in my new 2011 day book that I thought you would both love since we are always talking about our lists, so will end with it:
"I value the momentum of making the list and the drive to tick. Sometimes I add stuff I've already accomplished so I can get going on my feelings of accomplishment. (Sara Genn, artist 1972-)
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment