Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday at last....

It was a very long week for me. I was off over Christmas and was just starting to relax when Tuesday came. Unfortunately Patty was on holiday, Debbie was sick and Mallorie left at 1:30 on Tuesday. Mal was back on Wednesday but Elizabeth was gone Thursday and Friday. It's a good thing that we weren't very busy because trying to do 3 jobs is really tiring! Patty was back on Friday and did her own job. I think a sad part is the lack of positive feedback. On Friday I said to Mallorie that it had been the longest short week I had ever worked.... Her response.... "You didn't have to work so hard." So tell me.... while I was busting my ass to do the work why did no one say... "don't work so hard" On Thursday Mal asked what she could do to help me and I told her that breakup needed doing, but if she didn't want to do it I would.... She walked away and I did break up.. So much for trying to be polite and work together. Sorry.... this is turning into a bitch session. Our first rehearsal was on Monday night. I thought I knew my lines better than I did, but at least I was off book. Rehearsal was cancelled on Thursday (too many sick people) Back again on Monday. It's hard to get into the rhythm of rehearsals, but it is fulfilling. Jim & I signed up for Crib again this year. I am not sure when the first game is though. They took down the sign up sheet but we have heard nothing since. I think I will get Jim to ask on Monday.Yesterday I was at an all day meeting for VCC. We worked on a new strategic plan. Our last one was done in 2005 and although we have been reviewing it regularly we want a new started point with new goals. It was a long day... 9 to 5 and we worked through lunch. It sure gets your mind working, though. Kind of a nice change from sitting around and watching tv. It also meant that Jim cleaned the whole office himself (YEAH) He said he was only going to get a start on it, but he did it all. Right now he is watching the original True Grit and I am procrastinating on learning my lines for next week. I slept in until 9:30 this morning. I knew I was tired, but 10 pm to 9:30am was nice. I wish I could do it more often. I saw the doctor on Tuesday. He said my blood tests were mostly within normal range, but that they indicated that I had inflamation in my joints (gee... really?) I had been complaining about pain and tiredness and he said that I should keep track and if things get bad there is medication that he could prescribe. I think that I would rather avoid any medication until I desperately need it. The side effects are often worse than the pain. On another note of proscratination I think I will go for a walk with the dogs today. It is difficult because we can't take the trail, and I don't want to take them towards the highway, so we follow the snowmobile trail, snowmobiles and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment