Friday, January 28, 2011

Be - great to see the snow pic

Your picture gave me a great big smile - first to see you, and second to see that others are enjoying as much snow as I am here - although if I could take a picture and send it, you might be surprised at the height of my piles! I had an exciting day - I took some time for myself, and figured out the sewing machine to do some free motion quilting practice. I followed the pictures on what foot to put on from the quilting kit attachments that I bought with the machine - no instructions, just a sheet of paper with some pictures, but enough to give me the idea. I had a piece of fabric you can buy aready with batting attached so used a contrasting thread and away I went. This machine is so easy, just lower the teeth and sew. I did my name as you suggested, and then tried swirls, and then did the ivy leaves and vines. It was just a quick try but enough to encourage me to realize I can do this, and can maybe do some little projects on my own. Horray!
So long for now, and for your information we are in the middle of a snow storm - North Bay set records today for snowfall! Thanks for sending it this way. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment