Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Colds & Cold

It is very cold out right now (windchill of -34... and its daytime!) and I am home with a cold. It started with a very dry cough that left me exhausted. I was going to tough it out but I figured "why?" So I am at home. I took some cough medicine that helped and today the cough is loosening. I did, however, sleep 12 hours last night. (nice!) Jim saw the doctor yesterday. He says that what they saw on the scope was not enought to cause all his symptoms, so the next step is the scope from the "other end". His blood pressure is up again, so he hasn't felt faint lately and the medicine seems to be helping him. He is on iron right now and has to have his hemoglobin tested every week. There were a number of scenarios that the doctor said could be fixed when they did the scope (eg polyps) and there were some that may require surgery. We will wait and see. A friend from the past died yesterday. Alvin Young. They were are neighbours when we lived at Eden. I saw Lorraine (his wife) when I was at the hospital with Jim. She said he had a growth on his esophogas and couldn't eat. I hate it when friends start to die. I plan on taking it very easy today. The proverbial "lie and the couch and eat chocolates" except I don't have any chocolates. ( I don't think I oculd eat them if I did!)

No comments:

Post a Comment