Thursday, January 13, 2011

re: Surgery consult

This the route. Any fracture is automatically referred to orthopedics, and the surgery decision is made there. I have been assured that the decision not to do surgery has been pretty well made, via computer transmitted x-rays on Tuesday night. So now orthopedics takes over for follow-up. They will check and see if there is any evidence of healing when I go in Thursday, and if so, start the rehab referrral for me. If there is no evidence of healing they might--might-- reconsider surgery. This is the best and fastest way to get me into physio, without me having to pay privately. And I'll for sure need physio. I'm appalled at how much range I've lost already. Although, I'm typing with two hands tonight--just taking a little longer to deal with the typos. Yeah, the bra is a killer, and there is no way to do without it as the boob gets in the way of the sling. David has to help me with just about everything-including adjusting my clothing at the toilet--and me on diuretics! So I've just taken my painkillers and in a few minutes we will both have a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment