Sunday, January 30, 2011

Snow and cold

I tried to reply to your message Beth, and thought I had, but it appears to have disappeared into the ether. When we took the picture David asked what I planned to do with it, and I told him I was putting it on the blog. He said "Why bother? They've both got more snow than we do" But it was a moment of fun, and fun is sometimes needed.

I seem to be moving a bit better now. I hurt myself fighting with the quilts and the recliner mechanism on Tuesday night, and had a lot of difficulty and pain until Friday night when something pulled while I was again fighting with the recliner. Since then the pain is a little less, and I'm able to move a bit better. I now know not to make any sudden moves. I know I'm looking at a long haul and it's frustrating.

The little girls are coming over tonight for supper. I called Amber this morning to caution her about the severe wind chill warnings. ( -49C) I was worried about her car breaking down and leaving them all to freeze to death. The car has be a little unreliable for awhile, but she assured me that it had been in the shop last week and should now be okay.

Other than that nothing happens around here. I got a second place in a poker tournament yesterday, after winning nothing for three weeks, and I start a four-week class in Photoshop Elements7 next Tuesday. She e-mailed today to tell me that there are only 2 students, so it will almost be like private lessons. She had originally said that she wouldn't teach it unless she had at least 4 students, so I'm wondering if someone has dropped out. I had to submit a show entry photo and played with the program a bit yesterday. I think I got what was required, and e-mailed it off. The woman hasn't e-mailed back to tell me it is wrong, so here's hoping!

So again, David has been working hard to make sure we have a supper for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment