Friday, January 21, 2011

Be - "pain and sympathy"

I wish I could reach out and help you both. I do not envy you Patty in sleeping in a recliner although you did make me smile with your description and my visualization of the scene. Today, amongst other housework activities, I took out my sewing machine and set it up and cleaned it and then sewed the top for a "mug matt" (6 inch finished block) a pattern I read in one of my Lynette Jensen Thimbleberries books. I was looking for something quick and simple just to get back to the feel of it again. To my utter amazement I realized that my presser foot is not a 1/4 inch foot and every project I have completed has been sewn with a 5/8 inch seam. And I wonder why things sometimes didn't match up? Not that it really matters but it did give me pause, and an opportunity to change. My next challenge is to try to free motion quilt following the handbook, and my recollections from the class I took in Ottawa in 2006 which was a disaster at the time but maybe will be some help to me now? Should be fun. Have a good weekend and stay warm if you can - supposed to be 37 degree below here at night over next few days. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment