Friday, January 7, 2011

Pictures

I've put some pictures on the Mouse Factory blog. That post took about an hour, but they're there. Today I plan to finish the hand work on the two other gelatin prints I've been working on. Yesterday I had a disgusting interlude. I found a slab of gelatin that I'd forgotten about. Now I know that when you leave it for awhile it dries out and moulds. Yu-u-ck!

Despite being on a strict budget this month, yesterday I bought a new cd "Yo-Yo Ma plays Ennio Morricone". I had never heard of Ennio Moricone, but he is an Italian orchestral composer who did a lot of the music for films that were made in Italy. His work is noted for the emotional content, and apparently he is very highly respected. Some of his works were re-arranged to allow for an enhanced cello solo contribution, just for this album. As with most cello music, much of it is slow and romantic, which is fine, but other parts, such as a selection from The Good, The Bad and the Ugly, give me chills. I've been playing it ever since we got home. Poor David! But Beth, you would have enjoyed David and I shopping for the cd at Chapters. There was no-one in the music area, and I had to go to the washroom. When I got back that strange little man had re-appeared and was helping David pick out a cd for me. (It turned out that David had gone looking for him and found him re-stocking the displays by the check-outs) I didn't know which Yo-Yo Ma cd I wanted so we took the cheapest one. Then the gentleman told us what a good choice it was the best cd Yo-Yo Ma had out etc. I wonder if everyone gets a "pep talk" when they buy something from him. David and I are so obviously "strangers in a strange land" when we go there, I have to wonder if he gets as much of a laugh out of us as we do out of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment