Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Broken!

Got a call about 5:00 that the radiologist had determined that I have a "comminuted, impacted fracture of the neck of the humerus". So, back to the hospital for an orthopedic consult--via computer--and more x-rays. They gave me a sling, and told me to keep it immobilized, and book an appointment with the orthopedoic surgeon for about a week from now. Both David and I saw the original x-ray, and the fracture was obvious to both of us--don't know how the doctor missed it.
I had a wonderful evening with Ravenesque--the T3's helped--but other than that have spent most if the last 24 hours sleeping--in the recliner. It has been suggested that I continue to sleep there for the next little while. I don't know how I would get in and out if the water bed, in any case.
I'll let you know if anything else develops

No comments:

Post a Comment