Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A little escape sounds good...

Good on you Patty to plan your escape - a trip south sounds to be a wonderful idea if it means I could avoid this horrendous weather. More snow last night and although the temps are a bit warmer, I find myself chilled all the time. I put out some of the Hallowe'en decorations outside but know it will not be a good move as it is supposed to be rain, rain and more rain tomorrow. May cut down on the number of children out and about, but also will cause me a bit of trouble as I will have to have the sump pumps set up and can't have that if people want to come to the door. I guess I will put my worries away for now, and think about it again tomorrow when action will be required.
Took the car down to the garage tonight as have an appointment for winterize tomorrow. I dropped in to see about winter tires and was terribly disappointed  with the quote - asked him to look again tomorrow for a better price because I could not even consider that much. I don't know what outcome will be - could be we do not get any winter tires which is not my first choice.
I joined two others for lunch today at noon. The fourth person had to send regrets as her son is leaving for England tomorrow. But the other three of us had a really enjoyable time - it was a very relaxed time spent with continuous flow of conversation and good food. I had been looking forward to this outing and I was not disappointed. They both wore bright and colourful Hallowe'en jewelry (blingish!) and told me they should have let me know so that I could also dress up. On thinking about this, I don't think I have any such jewelry so maybe just as well I wasn't informed.
About three weeks ago I attached the electrical cord to the little greenhouse and brought the end through the back window to plug in in the spring and taped the windows up. Out of the blue two nights ago I woke up suddenly and the vision was in my head that I had done it wrong and put the wrong cord through the window. Why I was suddenly struck with such a thought is not understood - I had not even thought about this so why would I be prompted to take action, and by whom????? Sure enough the next morning I checked and I had done it wrong. So now I have to redo it all but need nicer weather - the forecast is for rain until next weekend. What I also cannot understand, is why I am doing "wrong" things lately eg the greenhouse tarp that leaked and I had to redo. Am I losing it altogether? (don't answer that please haha)  Anyway, soon time for Arrow. It is on CTV tonight but time has changed to 8 pm this season. I liked it better when it was 7 pm. I'll look forward to a picture of Generations Patty, and hope I can recognize the people. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment