Friday, October 18, 2013

My head is spinning

We just seem to spend every day running errands.  It has been over a month since I sent in my form for a handicap parking permit. The doctor said it had been almost too long at three weeks, and for the past 10 days we have been leaving phone messages.  The last time David tried he got a message that the number was no longer a working line. this just made him more determined, and he finally found a 1-800 number for the Society for Manitobans with Disabilities.  The lady who answered told him they had been having lots of complaints, that there was no-one answering their phones, and we might have better luck coming in to their Wheelchair Services office and actually talking to a human being. This is away out near Red River Community Collage on Notre Dame.  So off we went, and found out that it can take 6 weeks for any sort of response, and to watch the mail for the next couple of weeks, as my name is definitely in the system.

Then it was toward home again and into the shoe maker on Henderson Hwy.  Last March I bought a new pair of outdoor shoes to wear in winter.  Bought them the same day as I was measured for compression stockings.  I am hoping they still fit well enough to wear, even if I need an extra pair of socks.  However, the one day I wore them last year I developed a blister on my left big toe joint.  I paid too much for the shoes not to want to use them for awhile, so went into have it stretched over the bunion.  Get it back tomorrow.  We'll see how well it worked.  If not "bye bye" $175.00.

Then to the library, via Tim's, of course. Not only did we need books, but we took in 36 Harlequins as a donation.  Found out that he still hasn't processed the last bag full we took in.  Now he has a deadline as they must be processed by year end.  So he's going to put the two donations together as one.

Earlier this morning David had taken a look at my large cutting matts, and condemned most of them.  But they are on sale so off to the fabric store for new ones.  Not the same brand but they appear to be quite serviceable matts, and the price was certainly right.  Home via the bank, and time for a nap, while David headed off to Rona for spray foam insulation for a coupe of places in the garage.  He had primed some of the raw boards  earlier in the day, and wanted to fill in some of the holes, while the weather held.  That's now done.  Supper time?  We're both so exhausted that it was off to the local Mongolian grill.  I think I've mentioned it before.  We are quite enjoying the food and, again, the price is right.

And how much sewing did I get done today?  Yeah!  Right!  Better luck tomorrow--except I think we have some errands to run.


No comments:

Post a Comment