Saturday, October 12, 2013

Thinking of you on this Thanksgiving Weekend

As always, thinking about you both. Wondering what you will be doing to celebrate Thanksgiving?
We will cook a prime rib roast today with turnip, and brussel sprouts. I made another apples pie yesterday for dessert. I really wanted to make a pumpkin chiffon pie, but since Harry bought copious amounts of apples in North Bay, I thought prudent to make an apple pie! Harry has gone to Sprucedale to take the grave flowers off. I was invited but I am trying to do some indoor work and then plan to go outside while the sun still shines. Tomorrow there is a call for rain. The hooked rug is completed and now the push is on for Beth to sew the backing on. The other day I bought the VHS movie The Blues Brothers which I had not seen before and which I played that night with some licorice allsorts to keep me company haha I enjoyed it and glad I have it - some movies are classics and I try to buy them when I see them. A great evening for only 50 cents?
So be thankful for what we have. I share the inspirational thought from my calendar from the other day ....In order to acquire a disposition of gratitude, it helps to learn to be delighted. Learning to be delighted depends on the practice of noticing things. So true. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment