Sunday, October 27, 2013

Looking for my sewing machine today

My goal for today was to uncover my sewing machine and try to set up a little space in my studio (haha) so I could possibly do some work down the road.  It went OK actually but not near as done as I envisioned. As with everything you tackle, one step leads to three others and then backtrack by two and do it all again. At least that seems to be my results. Found all sorts of treasures in the cupboard and naturally had to go through everything. eg two scrapbooks of our years in Germany, a bag of pictures of the boys when young and from special occasions eg. Confirmations, Baptisms. and looking at some of my art books and unfinished projects took a bite out of my time as well. But it was time well spent and I'm not at all upset not to have finished. The sewing machine is still there, and I know a bit more time and work and I'll have set up a little space for a wonderful winter pastime. So it is all good.
This morning we had a discussion about going to South River to shop, or (as I suggested) I could walk over to the local store and buy milk which was needed. It became a marathon discussion ending with us getting in the car and driving to South River. Here's the best part.....the store was closed with a hand written note on the door "sorry closed - no power". So back to the local store and I ran in and bought my milk. So much ado about nothing you ask? haha
Anyway, looking forward to hearing from you Patty, likely tomorrow ( I expect you will want to rest tonight after the trip home?) Here's to another good week ahead for us- throw in Hallowe'en,  and my luncheon with the girls on Wednesday, and the car goes into the garage on Thursday for winterization and winter tires if the price is good. How about you folks?
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment