Sunday, October 6, 2013

So, here I am....

This weekend is proving a challenge to get things done outside but I am persevering haha. I just set up a second pump outside at the front. I had this second pump at the back and used it only occasionally. This morning as walking the dog down to the Lake, the owner of the Outfitters store spoke briefly to me and said we were getting "lots of rain today" which I hadn't heard,  "yah, about 50 mm they say". So I thought I would set up the second pump in hopes of scaring the rain off, or helping to move some of the water that accumulates. Lately, the rain has been so heavy ( and the eaves trough deteriorating ever more), the one pump just doesn't keep up. Yesterday I was out for a bit and determined to have a little fire. So I made a teepee with twigs and small sticks and lite it up with coffee in hand and enjoyed a brief time of tranquility. I managed to clear several flowerbeds and trim back some trees. I am always looking to get things ready for the snow shovelling I know is in the near future. Having done this for many years, I know what I have to move to make the job easier for me eg clearing the flower bed of large growth so that I can pile the snow back off the driveway, trimming branches close to the roof so that the ladder can be set up to remove the snow - Last year I got hung up on branches too close so this year I secretly cut some back haha. Last evening before bed I watched an old black and white VHS movie with James Stewart called Harvey about an invisible 6 foot white rabbit imaginary friend of the character played by Stewart. I had never seen it before and inspite of it being fairly old, I really enjoyed it - took my mind off other thoughts for the moment. We have such movies in boxes here and occasionally I go through to see if anything interests me. The night before I watched (again) The Davinci Code, and Angels and Demons. Well, the day begins so I better gather up some wash and get at it. I bought some beets on sale the other day and plan to have them for supper - I guess Harvard beets again although I'd like to look in some cookbooks to see what else I can do. Hope you folks are having an interesting weekend? Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment