Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Still running errands

It never seems to end!

 The last part of the garage was done on Saturday while I was away.  The "people" door was installed--a very nice white steel door.  No more hole cut out of the bottom for the rabbit (previous owner).  Now the garage looks better than the house.  I am pleased.  There is still a little bit of stucco to be added around the lower edge, but that has to wait for spring.

Yesterday I got down to work on the people in my "Generations" piece.  Today I did the machine work for the facing, and once that is hand stitched, I will try to post a picture.  I'll let you tell me who the people are.  Today was my small quilting group at the Active Living Centre.  I showed them the technique I learned a the retreat for piecing scraps a "Mile a Minute".  They loved it and spent the entire three hours playing with scraps.  I was sure glad I had it, as I didn't really have anything else prepared for them.  They have decided to actually buy fabric and make themselves a single bed quilt. (OMG!  I don't believe it!), so have asked if I would teach them how to make "half square triangles" next time.  Pretty simple, so I won't have to spend too much time preparing.

We have decided to go South for two days next week.  About time, as my B&B is getting low.  Just a quick trip with some shopping in Fargo.  The deal is that I have to work my fingers to the bone over the next few days to make up for the lost time in the studio.  Sounds good to me.  And today David made the first of the Christmas Shortbread.  Guess we need to include some Christmas shopping in the agenda while we are away., although there are two young girls with birthdays shortly after we get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment