Friday, October 4, 2013

The beat goes on----

Here is the garage with its nice clean new floor.  Of concern,is how much higher the floor is than the driveway, but our contract requires that they re-do about five feet of driveway to create the proper ramp to allow us to put the car in, should we ever want to.  You can also see, on the right hand side, how the workbench has been raised along with the garage.
David has a large wooden cupboard, out of the garage, on the patio, closed with a simple padlock. Someone broke in,but I guess they didn't find anything worth stealing, as nothing was taken.
Now we wait for a couple of days, for the cement to cure.  This time they put rebar in, so this floor should last longer than the last one.  As well, this one is on a good base of crushed concrete, not fine sand.  We'll probably be long gone before there are any problems.  We will probably have to get someone into look at the overhead door, as the frame is not right.  We had been talking about this even before deciding to have the floor done.  It is a very small motor and has done us for 14 years, so we have no idea how old it is.

Otherwise life goes on.  My left knee is bothering me enough that I have made a doctor's appointment to maybe have a cortisone injection.  This is an old treatment, but often helps.  Still, the changes are coming so quickly, that I may have to re-consider the knee replacement.  Don't want to do it,but I don't want to spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair either. Right now I am sticking close to home, and actually accomplishing a fair bit in the studio.  As much as I can sitting down, in any case.  For today I am grateful for the rolling executive chair that we bought me a little over a year ago.  I can scoot around quite nicely on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment