Monday, October 28, 2013

Home again

A very tiring weekend.  I was up and busy from about 7:00 until 11:00 all three days.  The food was wonderful, but the venue a little shabby and starting to be rundown.  ( twice there was a problem with the oven and they had to make a last minute change to the menu)  My body must have found it stressful, as this morning I discovered the beginning of shingles.  This seems to recur at regular intervals but, since the vaccine, is quite mild and only bothers me for a day or two.  I completed 96 six inch 9-patch blocks and three 12&1/2"  sixteen patch blocks.  There was a choice auction, and my name was drawn for the first two prizes.  I took what I wanted and re-wrapped everything else for another draw, which was won by a lady who had to drop out at the last minute, because of a death.  So she will never know what I took.

Once home, I had messages that my smaller sewing machine was ready for pick-up and that the picture I was having processed at Don's photo was ready.  So we were off to pick them both up this morning.  As well, we dropped off my parka to have the zipper replaced.  It is the zipper that hold the inner portion into the outer shell.  It cost us $78.16, as the process actually involves two separate zippers.  The parka cost me $85.00, and I have worn it for 4 years.  Replacement would have cost quite a bit more, probably well over $200.00, and who would want to replace a lime green and white parka, artistically embellished with bright blue paint?

So here it is --noon--and i haven't even unpacked the suitcase yet.  Guess I better get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment