Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pickeral fillets anyone?

Just finished wrapping and putting into the freezer 43 pickerel fillets - fresh caught today on Lake Nipissing. No, I did not go fishing. But did drive to Garden Village (First Nations) to pick these up. Yesterday I reminded Harry that if we were to freeze all this fish, perhaps we should find some space in the freezer? So (out of the blue) at 3 pm yesterday he decided to defrost the large chest freezer in the basement. Oh joy and bliss! But, hey, why not just carry on up the ying yang I say to myself...(hardy har!) and I go to it! But by 6 pm it was all said and done except for a bit of cleanup on my part and now we have a bit more room, although the fish has taken a big bite out of that already. We met Ted and Deanna at the hospital in North Bay at 1230pm and I sat with her in the Ambulatory Care Unit until about 2:15 pm when Harry and I had to leave to get to Garden Village by 3 pm. As it turned out, she was finally seen about 30 minutes after we left them, and the Doctor did not remove the stitches but only changed the bandage on her hand. They drove from Kirkland Lake (2 hours 30 min drive) just for that! Deanna was quite upset when Harry just spoke to them on their return home, and says she'll not go back to North Bay now, but get the sutures removed at home. Health care is really lacking here in Ontario and especially for us in Northern Ontario - so much driving to get health care attention for those in the North!  And Harry's sister who still works at Huntsville Hospital tells of many horror stories related to lack of staffing and client care issues. So one must not get sick! I went to the Dentist this morning for my yearly check, and must go back next week to get a filling - One of my teeth broke off about six months ago and hasn't bothered me but Dentist insists it be fixed. Tomorrow we go to Huntsville to take tickets to Harry's brother in law, and then (oh joy and bliss again) Harry wants to go the Cranberry Marsh in Bala Ontario ( about 1 and half hours south west of here) They have a big festival every year at this time for cranberry harvest, and since we have never been to this area, off we go.  I shall find some small blessings in this outing I am sure. In meantime, take care

No comments:

Post a Comment