Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Here is a real puzzler.....

I found myself to day doing lots of cleanup as the weather was gorgeous after several days of rain. I have made a list of all that has to be completed in time for end of Fall for Winter. Today it was the big greenhouse. I am crawling on a wooden shelf on my hands and knees cleaning the inside of the glass windows. Now I ask you ...wouldn't you wonder at me doing this when I haven't cleaned my house windows for quite a while haha Where are the priorities in my life, I ask and then shake my head a bit! But it was a very productive day and I accomplished much. I even got started on the small greenhouse to patch up the gaps with Gorilla tape, and get the electric cord stuffed into a crack between two panels and tape it all tight with more Gorilla tape, and fashion a cardboard piece to go above the door to plug up some bigger gaps there and of course, tape it all with Gorilla tape. Not quite finished but if the weather holds as promised, I 'll have a few more days to putter around.
Tomorrow we go to North Bay to meet up with Harry's brother and wife, Ted and Deanna. They are driving down from Kirkland Lake for her scheduled second Carpal Tunnel surgery on Thursday morning. They will spend the night at the Comfort Inn and we will take them out for supper. It is planned that we will go back to the Chinese Buffet to eat as they liked it there last time a few weeks ago. I think I would have been fine to go somewhere else but hey, doesn't really matter.
I am still listening to that audio book I started last week - I happened to read the cover again to realize it is 13.5 hours in length - I must have listened to at least that many hours already so maybe tonight it will end? I am enjoying it but find it is going on, and on and on...
Harry is just about finished the little 3X3 hooked floor mat for Mike, and then I shall sew a backing onto it just like the last one. I have enough fabric left over to cover it nicely But I worry about my poor fingers - last time the needle kept pricking me and my old fingers were pretty beat up by the time I finished it.
One of our flags we have hanging on the large mast outside came off with the very strong winds yesterday. One of the brass rings tore out of the fabric. I retrieved the flag and the brass ring and will now attempt to sew it together enough for it to hang again. We went into the Canex store on Base a few weeks ago to buy a new one - it is a Support Our Troops flag and was getting a bit worn, but the lady said they aren't supplying these flags anymore. We were a bit upset at the time so you can see why I am even more anxious to fix it and get it flying again.
Bed time, and book time. Hope all is well with you folks. I had my dates wrong Cathy as to when your company was leaving. Good to hear a few days off are in your future. And have fun shopping! Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment