Saturday, October 26, 2013

Today had it all....

Every possible inclement weather came today - starting with snow all night, and then high winds this morning with blowing rain/snow, and then rain, and then sleet and freezing rain, and then some sun and now sleet again. This morning down at the lake the winds were so strong that the waves were crashing into the shore with fierce surges and whitecaps on top of huge thundering waves. I have never actually seen it so scary. Scooby and I did not stay there very long as we too, were getting blown around. This afternoon I walked down town to the Caswell Resort to attend an Art Show and Sale. Area Artist display their work and sell it as well. Everything from painting, to jewelry to wood work and stained glass. I especially like one's work called photography on canvas - it looked like a photo but was enhanced somehow to resemble a painting. I did not buy anything although I noticed a few of the pieces of art had the little red sticker on the card which indicates that it had been sold. Yesterday I managed to fix the roof on the greenhouse - I bought a new tarp at the hardware and went about redoing it. I checked it today with all the rain and snow and blowing and so far it seems to be holding up. I got the Hallowe'en decorations up from the basement but will not put them outside until this horrible weather subsides a bit. The long range says the whole of next week is not good and it is to rain on Hallowe'en so maybe few children will be out anyway! Well, time for Randy Bachman on the radio so I'll say bye for now Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment