Thursday, October 24, 2013

Today has been a good day

I was feeling quite chipper this morning and knew that it would be a busy day.  I am leaving tomorrow for a 3 day "Scrapbusters"  retreat with a group of traditional quilters.  This has been in the works for awhile, David has helped tremendously in getting all of my projects cut and ready to sew.  I've made arrangements to stay in a handicapped accessible room.  I even took my Pfaff machine in to be serviced, as this is what I prefer to use for piecing.  Well, it isn't ready, and I have to take "Big Bertha".  Not my first choice, but it means that I can tuck a little free motion project in, in case I need a break from the piecing.  We don't get much working room at these things, and "Big Bertha" is so very much larger than most machines.  About half of the group are heading out today, so I sure hope there is some room left for me.

Also tomorrow is a big art show at the race track.  I am somewhat committed to go, but it doesn't open until 1:00.  Sowe will be off to the race track, leave within the hour and head straight for Pinawa.  I am expected between 3:00 and 4:00, and must be there before supper. David will drive,and drop me off.  I suggested that he treat himself to a $3.00 Teenburger, for supper, in Lockport on the way home.  We have the man coming to replace the small garage door on Saturday.  Poor David then has to drive out to get me on Sunday.

So you won't be hearing from me for a couple of days. Today I am grateful for the handicap Parking Permit that arrived in the mail this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment