Sunday, September 25, 2016

Books

Glad you enjoyed the latest Gamache novel.  Did you catch the subtle reference to Haiti at the end? Remember you mentioned you wondered if he might be going to Haiti Pati?  I forgot to tell you that the Librarian hunted down a Wine book for me - not the one you recommended but she found a similar one and it came from Cochrane, Ontario.  I started to read it and so far I am familiar with a lot of what he is saying, but certainly sure that our approach so far has been dissimilar to his...... haha
Our weather is cooler for sure - not pleasant outside and when I go out it is with a hat and coat on. Starting to round up the plants though - Harry's job has been to take the tomato plants down, cutting off all the ties, and emptying the pots.  We pile the pots against the fence as we have done in previous years. I've been trying to do something with the green tomatoes. I made another couple of loaves but instead of the called for walnuts I substituted sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds - tastes OK.  And I got a craving the other day for choc chips cookies - you planted that urge Pati talking about your baking.  And, I'm doing a good job of emptying the cookie tin all on my own!
We were out to the Log House Saturday and bought more apples and pears.  Today we did dehydrated apples and still have two coolers full of apples to get done. They are in coolers because I have no more room in the fridge - it too, is full of apples and pears and grapes!  I expect there will me more dehydrating over the next few days . It takes about a day for a batch to dry out - which means checking the machines over the night.
Well, a new Stone  Barrington novel shall be started tonight.  I go through them fast as it is easy reading.  I believe I am at number 16 in the series of 39 - still a long way to go haha!  I always like the beginnings...."Elaines...late".  
Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment