Sunday, September 11, 2016

It is important...

Dates such as this in our lives are important- Cathy you will come to understand this in time as well.  I was brought back to remembrance in attending the retirement celebration a few weeks ago that I wrote about.  There is just one little setback for me though and that is remembering my less than perfect second job at VON from which I was turfed.  It has been seven years (but who is counting) and although it is not foremost in my mind, I do keep getting 'flashbacks"  This too, will pass.
Cold and windy here - so cold, I brought houseplants in from outside this morning.  Not all of them yet, but a good number so as to make a 'panic' move a bit easier if it comes to that and the weather hits freezing tonight. 
Harry is doing more dehydrated apples today - Full batch yesterday, and more today. Keeps the kitchen busy, and then gives me something to do, when the cleanup needs doing after.
I watched a movie before bed last night for a change - Notting Hill with Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant.  I romantic comedy - and it was funny so I guess it was what I needed. 
Received a message from friend Sue today trying to organize another Luncheon with all the girls for late October.  About six of us if all can come.  I will look forward to it as I always do.  And I have made my annual appointment with the Doctor for end of November (have to do it well ahead) this year I will enjoy the referral she'll send for a colonoscopy haha!    
So back to work.. Enjoy your books Pati - how can you ever get through so many?   Take care - send some heat my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment