Monday, September 26, 2016

Rough day

The weather has been awful--rain, thunderstorms, strong, strong wind, and cool.  Yesterday morning, I was up early and looked out the kitchen window. I saw clouds moving faster than I've ever before seen in my life.  Both exciting and  little scary.  This morning my weight was within 1/2 pound for the 5th week in a row, at exactly the same weight as I stalled out at, with Weight Watchers, 20 years ago.

Last week David made a sourdough starter, and this morning baked rye bread, because that's what my diet calls for.  Dear man.  Yes, I ate some while it was still warm and so very, good.  He does make good bread!  Emotional eating?  Defeated eating ( my biggest fear)?  Sept. 30 I revert back to phase one, but October 5th is the first day of the five day retreat out at St. Benedict's Monastery.  All meals are paid for, and are set menu. My instinct is to go, have fun, and follow my diet the best I can, but not get bent out of shape if worse comes to worst.  Or is that setting myself up for failure?  I've been doing this for 7 months, and maybe the best course might be  to take a short break, and plunge in full strength when I get back.  Yes, I'm very discouraged right now, and when that happens I can sense the "blues" barking at my heels, or maybe they're already here.  At least my new clothes still fit just fine!

However, we amuse ourselves watching squirrel fights in the back yard. The Juncos were through last week--a sure sign of fall.  Twice a year for about 4 days they cluster at our feeder.  Lion is still outside under the bush, but Thanksgiving is the usual time for him to move into the garage.  I have been working on the quilted base of my next exhibition piece.  This is the piece that was a complete disaster a couple of weeks ago.  I have all of the tiny pieces sewn together, and now must quilt it, before adding the appliques.  I'll be glad to see the last of this one.  Progress has been very slow, as I am just to busy procrastinating.

Ar-r-r-r-g-h!  Best stop now before I make myself cry!  Time for Candy Crush.  Yes Cathy, you turned us both into complete addicts.

No comments:

Post a Comment