Saturday, September 10, 2016

Good Morning folks

Another week done.  I feel as if I have been run over by a dump truck.  It was one of those weeks for me. but let's look at what was best about it.  I got to sit and have a coffee and chat with Mike.   Erin was on nights doing some training so was sleeping when I got there, but got up to have a chat. I thought maybe we were too loud talking, but Mike told me she intended to get up so that she, too, could visit with me. I liked that comment as it made me feel good. Before I know it, they will be off in Sudbury and my dropping in while in North Bay will no longer be a special event for me. So I'll take what I can now!
There are now three vats of wine working in the back room. No idea what is to come of it all, but time will tell. I picked up 15 green coloured wine bottles from the auction house while I was on my trip to North Bay Thursday. Harry is getting some good deals from the weekly on line auctions. These were only $6.00 for the 15 of them. And Pati we bought a big bag of the sterilizing powder you mentioned and cleaned all the demi johns (3) and have rinsed them with the mixture. 
In North Bay as well, I had to go to Canadian Tire to purchase a ladder. It was on sale and a really good deal. I was terribly worried about getting it in the car and prepared myself with rope and red swatch to tie to back if need be.  Mike told me he was familiar with these ladders (21 feet) and that they would break down to about 5 foot pieces so I was somewhat relieved driving over to the store. As it turned out they were all packaged nicely in plastic wrap and were indeed only about six or seven feet in length and a boy helped me to the car and it fit perfectly. I was really relieved then.   I need a larger ladder to do the roof in winter, I think I told you I bought one at the Home Hardware here but once home it proved to be too short much to my disappointment. We kept that because Harry wanted a taller one for picking apples, but I was still on the lookout until this sale came up at Canadian Tire.
Yesterday Harry and I drove to Bracebridge (1 1/2 hours south) because he answered a notice on Kijiji for free bricks. Turned out to be bricks all right - tons of boxed red bricks 6 inches long, 2 1/2 inches wide and about 1/2 inch thick. They were sitting at the side of a house and were in cardboard boxes that has rotted by time and weather, and were crawling with bugs and slugs of assorted kinds. It took us over an hour to carry them all to the car. It was a heavy load and once home, more time to unload at the back of the house. 
He intends to build up another raised garden plot with these bricks.
Then we headed for the Log cabin to buy more fruit from the orchard people.  Harry intends to dehydrate tomorrow the apples we purchased.  Some are the honey crisps and they are delicious to just eats so I'm hoping to get a few of them for just that purpose. 
Well, Harry is off to garage sales - only a few this time of year, but I should be getting my ass in gear and starting some house work. 
Here's to a fine weekend - hope you are all well.   Take care 

No comments:

Post a Comment