Saturday, September 17, 2016

Life

Ah, Beth, what we're seeing is the flow of life.  They grow up and it is only right that they move on.  I read an article once that discussed this, pointing out that, as we age, we become closer to our siblings than our children.  I certainly see that with in our small "Pabecat"  family.  I ease my sense of loss with the children moving away from me, by remembering that old cliche, I don't remember exactly how it goes.  Something about, if you love something. let it go,  if it comes back it's yours, but if not, it really wasn't yours in the first place.   This has certainly proven true of Loren.  He was a great source of support before he married, and he is a good source of support again.

Today, I attended a workshop on Polymer Clay-Complex Caning.  We worked hard and I'm exhausted.  I was so glad that David came to drive me home.  We've had something to eat, and I've relaxed a bit, but don't plan to do much of anything this evening.  This concerns me a bit.  The FAN group is having their Annual Meeting and retreat here over the Thanksgiving weekend--five very busy days and evenings, and I'm on the organizing committee.  I will be there and busy from before breakfast until about 9:00, every day.  I sure hope I'm up to it.  I could have had a bed there, in a shared room, but felt I would sleep better in my own bed.

And that's exactly what I plan to do quite soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment